Sooooooo... at what point exactly am I allowed to say, "Ok... this isn't working... I'm not losing any weight at all and getting up so early in draining me..."??? ':o/
Seriously want to know when I'm allowed to say/think that.
The times I've lost weight it has always been food related, not working out. Yoga made me flexible, cardio keeps my heart strong (I guess), and lifting weights just makes me board. However, none of those things ever shed a pound which is just so annoying because I love to cook and eat. Don't give up working out, but maybe look closer at what you're eating. Not sure I'm the best person to take advice from as my doctor tells me I need to loose 4-6 pounds a month for the next undetermined amount of months, and I have yet to start. :-) I can't loose weight. We are going to Siberia sometime this winter and it is COLD there, building up my insulation. -Current excuse Good luck, keep it going.
2- I didn't mean 100% giving up. I meant giving up on working out, or at least for a bit, since it's not working yet making things work. Waking that early is draining me.
3- I know it's a food issue. Unlike most people with weight issues, I don't eat enough. Well maybe I should say I don't take in enough calories. I've already added in a granola bar most mornings and a Pop Tart around 10, which was a big step for me since previously I wouldn't eat at all until lunch time. (NO... it wasn't a refusal to eat... it was that I wasn't hungry.) Clearly those two weren't enough though. It's so hard though b/c I'm convinced if I add more to what I eat every day, I'm going to grain weight and make things worse. ':o(
So, I know exactly how you are feel! Food/weight/image... are all dirty words! Seriously!!
So, here is my two cents.. take it as that! smile
I have always struggled with image/weight/eating issues. I was the queen of yo-yo diets and was a closeted annorexic for a long time. It all worked for a long time.. until then it didn't. Suddenly I gained 40 lbs and no matter what I do, it won't come off. I was on a diet pill (Dr gave it to me) and it was great and helped my metabolism and I lost it all really fast... and then I had to go off the pill and within a month it ALL came back- every last darn pound! ugh! I worked out, then I stopped. I dieted then I binged... and it never changed...
I think that sometimes genetics play a bigger role that we realize. Sometimes no matter how hard we try, we just can't get that weight off. I have come to realize that instead of working on the weight issue as much, I have to work on my self-image more. I have to learn to love myself and be gentle to myself... regardless of weight. I work out when I want to, I am super careful what I eat, most the times.. and I just accept that my body is my temple and that it might not ever be how I want it, but there are worse things in life.
Just some things I have learned along the way-
Weight Watchers is great. I had success when I used them. They have a great online support/tracking program.
Eating in the morning is important. Maybe replace the poptart and granola bar with yogurt. So I HATED yogurt last year but forced mysself to eat it... it takes about 17 times and then it becomes a habit... Try eating yogurt. It is super good for a lot of things- probiotics for one. I like the gogurts :)
Cutting carbs always did the trick for me. I just dont LOVE meat so it was hard. But it worked.
None of the diets "work" anymore for me- I dunno why. Age? Genetics? my Fibromyalgia?! no idea...
I just had to come to a point where I accepted that I am who I am... inside and out. I still cry about it- like just the other day!-- but at the end of the day it is more importnat to eat well, stay active, and love life.
Your body will respond much better that way. When we are stressed out, our body tends to go into conservation mode and will not let you lose much weight-- especailly if the weight is right in the middle- that is where it stores it when your body is stressed out. So waking up and forcing urself to be more drained might not be helping. I was told 15 mins of fast walking a day is really basically what the body needs. Take a walk at lunch time or before work...
I dunno.. I am rambling and this is a long post... and about super sensitive stuff. I never told ppl about my eating issues.. I tell you just so you know that i know how you are feeling... You are beatuiful... every single part of you... Maybe better to work on self-love and get rid of the self-loathing than the extra 10 lbs!
Well compared to everyone elses comments I look like that Debbie Downer! I'm all for the self confidence part, so don't get me wrong, I agree with them on that!
But all I could think was metabolism. That may be all it is. Heavens knows thyroids, metabolism, stress, every little thing makes the whole weight loss mess hard. Do you feel any better at least? :( I hope you at least feel healthier. Not that it counts when you're frustrated. Some days I'd rather feel ok and not be worn out from working out 24/7, than feel good and be so pooped I can't enjoy the fact I'm healthy. lol
The times I've lost weight it has always been food related, not working out. Yoga made me flexible, cardio keeps my heart strong (I guess), and lifting weights just makes me board. However, none of those things ever shed a pound which is just so annoying because I love to cook and eat.
ReplyDeleteDon't give up working out, but maybe look closer at what you're eating.
Not sure I'm the best person to take advice from as my doctor tells me I need to loose 4-6 pounds a month for the next undetermined amount of months, and I have yet to start. :-) I can't loose weight. We are going to Siberia sometime this winter and it is COLD there, building up my insulation. -Current excuse
Good luck, keep it going.
1- I LOVE your current excuse!!
ReplyDelete2- I didn't mean 100% giving up. I meant giving up on working out, or at least for a bit, since it's not working yet making things work. Waking that early is draining me.
3- I know it's a food issue. Unlike most people with weight issues, I don't eat enough. Well maybe I should say I don't take in enough calories. I've already added in a granola bar most mornings and a Pop Tart around 10, which was a big step for me since previously I wouldn't eat at all until lunch time. (NO... it wasn't a refusal to eat... it was that I wasn't hungry.) Clearly those two weren't enough though. It's so hard though b/c I'm convinced if I add more to what I eat every day, I'm going to grain weight and make things worse. ':o(
oh no! I just posted this huge comment and it got looooost!
ReplyDeleteOkie dokie, I am going to try to post this again!
ReplyDeleteSo, I know exactly how you are feel! Food/weight/image... are all dirty words! Seriously!!
So, here is my two cents.. take it as that! smile
I have always struggled with image/weight/eating issues. I was the queen of yo-yo diets and was a closeted annorexic for a long time. It all worked for a long time.. until then it didn't. Suddenly I gained 40 lbs and no matter what I do, it won't come off. I was on a diet pill (Dr gave it to me) and it was great and helped my metabolism and I lost it all really fast... and then I had to go off the pill and within a month it ALL came back- every last darn pound! ugh! I worked out, then I stopped. I dieted then I binged... and it never changed...
I think that sometimes genetics play a bigger role that we realize. Sometimes no matter how hard we try, we just can't get that weight off. I have come to realize that instead of working on the weight issue as much, I have to work on my self-image more. I have to learn to love myself and be gentle to myself... regardless of weight. I work out when I want to, I am super careful what I eat, most the times.. and I just accept that my body is my temple and that it might not ever be how I want it, but there are worse things in life.
Just some things I have learned along the way-
Weight Watchers is great. I had success when I used them. They have a great online support/tracking program.
Eating in the morning is important. Maybe replace the poptart and granola bar with yogurt. So I HATED yogurt last year but forced mysself to eat it... it takes about 17 times and then it becomes a habit... Try eating yogurt. It is super good for a lot of things- probiotics for one. I like the gogurts :)
Cutting carbs always did the trick for me. I just dont LOVE meat so it was hard. But it worked.
None of the diets "work" anymore for me- I dunno why. Age? Genetics? my Fibromyalgia?! no idea...
I just had to come to a point where I accepted that I am who I am... inside and out. I still cry about it- like just the other day!-- but at the end of the day it is more importnat to eat well, stay active, and love life.
Your body will respond much better that way. When we are stressed out, our body tends to go into conservation mode and will not let you lose much weight-- especailly if the weight is right in the middle- that is where it stores it when your body is stressed out. So waking up and forcing urself to be more drained might not be helping. I was told 15 mins of fast walking a day is really basically what the body needs. Take a walk at lunch time or before work...
I dunno.. I am rambling and this is a long post... and about super sensitive stuff. I never told ppl about my eating issues.. I tell you just so you know that i know how you are feeling... You are beatuiful... every single part of you... Maybe better to work on self-love and get rid of the self-loathing than the extra 10 lbs!
Love you!!!
Well compared to everyone elses comments I look like that Debbie Downer! I'm all for the self confidence part, so don't get me wrong, I agree with them on that!
ReplyDeleteBut all I could think was metabolism. That may be all it is. Heavens knows thyroids, metabolism, stress, every little thing makes the whole weight loss mess hard. Do you feel any better at least? :( I hope you at least feel healthier. Not that it counts when you're frustrated. Some days I'd rather feel ok and not be worn out from working out 24/7, than feel good and be so pooped I can't enjoy the fact I'm healthy. lol