Weigh in today... same. ':o/ I know I should give things time and find comfort in the fact that at least it didn't go up, but that doesn't comfort me. It doesn't make me feel any better. I'm frustrated and discouraged. I'm not given up, but I'm lacking motivation and losing interest. That's it for now.
<3
*Slinky*
Nycholle? Thanks for letting me in on your blog, dear one, and I've read some of this, including your background post.
ReplyDeleteUnsolicited advice follows: feel free to ignore, or throw things.
When I look at you, I don't see a woman who needs to lose much weight--if any. And it sounds like your body is telling you the same thing. Instead of focusing on numbers, focus on what your body looks like and feels like. Like, can you fit in different clothes after a few weeks of working out? Have more muscle tone? Waist size, hip size, bust size changing?
When I, who am 60 pounds overweight, turn myself to losing weight, it comes off easily, because I really am carrying around more than my frame wants to handle. But later on, when I've dropped 25 pounds... suddenly I will have to work harder. And there's a point at which it's no longer safe to lose.
I'm hoping you've had your body fat analyzed, because you really really don't want to start burning through your muscles and organs.
I love you, dear, and I hope you find peace and have tons of dreadlocks to show for it!
Hi Lauren and thanks for visiting and reading some of the posts I've made. (Why does this site now have a "reply" for commenting?!?!?!?!)
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I appreciate any advice/suggestions/etc. that anyone wants to share. Whether it's new insight, something I agree or disagree with, or something that makes me think, "Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know!" I appreciate it no matter what.
I may not have TONS of weight to lose, but I definitely have weight there to lose and it's continued to creep up over time. It needs to stop. I try not to focus on numbers too much. My dietician says the same and doesn't even have people way themselves during visits with her like others do. Numbers, however, keep one going when the changes are small and not visible. That's my opinion at least. If I went strickly by looks, I'd feel like I've gotten no where at all. It's especially hard to see changes when they small over time and you see yourself on a daily basis. I don't think numbers should be the sole factor. In fact on my paperwork for the dietician, I didn't even put down a "goal weight." My the numbers, even when minor, do help. Focusing on numbers - I'm not happy. Focusing on looks - I've not happy. Focusing on feeling - I'm not happy. Do clothes fit differenly at all - no. Have I noticed any changes in muscle or sizes of any body parts - no.
I have not had my body fat analyzed, but I KNOW this weight is not muscle. I haven't done anything up until recently to build muscle. I can see the flab and no, not in the way someone with an eating disorder "sees" fat. This is definitely not a case of "I'm fat because I can't see my ribs sticking out."
At the very least, I'm going to push through the next two weeks until my follow-up at the dietician. We'll what she says at that point. ':o/