Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dietician, meeting 1

Hi, hi.  So I went to the dietitian today for the first official meeting.  Nothing she said was really shocking.  Like I told her - I know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm having trouble implementing the change.  Left there with 3 goals to work on with a follow-up appt. in a month.

Goals:

1. Eat breakfast.  I saw this one coming a mile away.  Sooooo... a fruit cup or yogurt every day for breakfast.

2. Eat veggies and fruits that cover the "rainbow."  This means making sure I hit a variety of colors from the different groups -  red, white, green, blue/purple, and yellow/orange.

3. Start exercising again.  What I was doing back in Nov. was fine so I can pick up that plan again.  This is going to be REALLY hard after all the frustration I felt last time.  ':o/

In order to hit #2, this means planning out my meals for the week, which isn't my thing at all.  I like shopping for the week and then choosing specifically each may.  Makes me feel like I'm really eating what I want.  However, I did figure out a compromize idea.  I won't plan every day out to in detail, but I will plan out 7 meals and make a list.  Then Dave and I can pick the order as each day comes.  We'll see how it goes.  I got the rainbow in too.  Not easy, but it's done.  

Sooooo... Monday will be the start of new beginnings, take 2!  Unfortunately, I have no motivation what-so-ever in terms of exercising this time.  Hopefully that feeling changes by Monday or it's going to be a rough start.

<3
*Slinky*

Edit: My follow-up is February 11th.  One positive thing about all of this, assuming it works, is that I have plenty of time to hit my original goal - weight loss, than dreads as my reward.  I don't remember if I mentioned it since I don't talk about dreads on here much (YET!), but I've definitely decided to put them off until summer when I have time off from work to let them mature.  My hope is to have Heather do them at the very end of July (after summer session) before we go to TX in August.  This gives me 6 1/2 months to get my weight dealt with, which should be MORE than enough time.  At 2 pounds a week (as a reasonable example the dietitian mentioned), that's 56 pounds, which would actually bring me significantly below a healthy weight for my height (clearly I don't want that!) so obviously that means I have lots of wiggle room too.  *Fingers crossed*  I only have two fears right now - (1) These changes won't work (unlikely, I know, but there could be something wrong w/ me that we don't realize because it's assumed all these other things are the problem... but hopefully this will become clear very soon if it is true).  (2) I will gain weight with the change in eating habits (I know if this happens it would probably be just a temporary thing until my body gets on track, but still - something I'd rather not deal with so hopefully either it doesn't happen or if it does, it's quick!)

No comments:

Post a Comment