Sunday, January 2, 2011

Long over due update...

Hi again.  Yes, still alive.  I know I promised to post long ago and never did.  Sorry.  The holidays brought some busy-ness, but more so... haven't been in the mood to post.  Even now I'm not really in the mood, but I am.  I guess the lack of progress/results was discouraging to the point where I lost interest.  ':o/

Well that about sums things up... after a month of waking up early to work-out, I saw absolutely NO results at all in terms of my weight.  I think a month is a fair amount of time to give things and there was literally no change at all.  The only change I saw/felt was being way too tired from having to get up early and then having such long days at work.  It was definitely too much.

After stopping the work-outs I at least started to feel better energy/tired-wise.  That's a plus.  It's a good plus, but doesn't make me feel any better about things in regards to weight.  That part is angering and frustrating.  It's annoying enough to have people around who can eat whatever they want and not exercising and still stay as "skinny Minnies/Mickeys."  I get it though.  Everyone's body is different and you can't expect these things to come easy/naturally for all.  What's worse though is when you do put in the hard work and effort and even that doesn't work.  I mean sure, even if there were results I'd probably still have the tired/loss of energy issue so it'd bring about a new problem to deal w/, but at least I'd know all the exercising worked and would then have to figure out how to fit it in a different way.  Not the case, however.  

So now I'm at the point of assuming I have to see a nutritionist.  The problem with this now is that the new insurance plan at work has both a major plus and major negative, both of which are displayed beautifully in this example.  Plus - I can see any doctor/specialist I want and I never need a referral from my PC doctor!  Negative - All non-PC visits are my responsibility to pay until I hit the $2,000 limit, at which point the insurance coverage will kick in.  I've currently paid $0 towards these types of expenses.  Sooooo... now I have to (a) find a nutritionist who I feel comfortable with and knows what they're talking about and is accepting patients, and (b) pay for each visit myself while we currently barely have money for life in general.  I also have to actually find the time to do all of this as well... ya know, in between the teacher, coaching, and tutoring.  ':o/  The part that's also discouraging (maybe not the right word, but I'm at a loss right now) is that (a) I don't know if the nutritionist will even help things and (b) I have no way of knowing how often I'll have to go to the nutritionist.  I don't have money just lying around to "waste" if this leads me back to square one.  At the same time, I know there's no way of knowing if this is the answer or not if I don't even try.

Anyway, that's where things currently stand at this point.  I'm not sure if I'm going to look into things soon or wait until after mid-February when cheering ends and things calm down.  We'll see.  I'll definitely post again when I have more to share, but until then....

<3
*Slinky*

No comments:

Post a Comment